Emily Jane Dance Center Policies
General Policies & Agreements
- Enrollment is based on a session term from September through June with monthly payments to achieve the yearly balance
- We accept cash, check or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover).
- If you choose the credit card option for monthly payments, a 3% additional fee will apply. A credit card can be kept on file through our online portal, which will be automatically charged at the 1st of the month for your monthly tuition.
- An annual registration fee of $35 per dancer or $50 per family (2 or more students) is due along with the first month’s tuition. The registration fee is $50 per dancer or $75 per family (2 or more students) after December 1, 2020.
- Tuition is due on the 1st of every month and delinquent on the 10th, which will incur a $20 late fee
- For any returned check, a $30 fee will be added to the total due
- Tuition is non-‐refundable
- If a student registers late into the month, tuition will be prorated for that month of classes
- Parents are expected to call the office if their child will be tardy or missing from class
- If a student must miss more than one month of classes due to injury or illness, we will only charge 50% of tuition for the next month (30 days) after we are informed. We will work with families after this 30-‐day period if needed.
- It is important for students to maintain consistent attendance to progress to higher levels
- Warming up at the beginning of class is crucial to injury prevention. Please have students arrive early to warm up before class
- Check the bulletin at the studio for news and information regarding EJDC
- Updates and news will be emailed through the school database and posted on our website at www.ejdancecenter.com
Withdrawing from EJDC
- Enrollment is based on a session term from September through June
- A parent/guardian must give 30-‐day notice by filling out an official withdrawal form (found online or at the studio front desk) and submitting either a hardcopy to the studio or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 1, 2021. Otherwise, the parent is obligated to pay full tuition through the end of the session due to recital performances and fees.
Dropping off and Picking up
- Please park and escort children to and from class
- Younger students, especially, need to be under parent or guardian supervision when entering and exiting the studio
- Please be on time to pick up your child(ren). If you are consistently late picking up your child and we need to pay a staff member for the extra time, charges may apply to your account
- Students should never walk to their vehicle alone when dark
Class Level Placement & Advancement
- Mommy & Me, PreBallet, and Ballet 1 are determined by age.
- For all other classes, a placement class is determined by the instructor based on the student’s age and background. The level the student can register into is determined by the class instructor. Changes can be made throughout the session regarding levels.
- Advancement may occur at any time. Our primary focus is on placing the student in the appropriate class based on skill level.
Inclement Weather Policy
- In case of inclement weather, please call the studio at 314-270-8030. School closing information will be emailed to families. Also, follow the news stations for updated information on closings.
- There will be no refunds for inclement weather cancellations.
- Please take advantage of Parent Observation Weeks (1 in fall & 1 in spring) to see the progress of your child. For the dates of Observation Weeks, please see the calendar on our website at www.ejdancecenter.com.
- A recital is held for all students of the studio in June. A production fee is charged to cover costs not covered by tuition – including theatre rental, sound and stage technicians and costume handling. Costumes are ordered and handed out by the studio. Students must inform the office and their instructors if they will not be able to participate before January 1, 2021.
Private Dance Lessons
- If a student has a scheduled private lesson and needs to cancel, a parent must email the school at email@example.com or call us at 314‐270‐8030 at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not inform us 24 hours or do not show up, you will be charged for the full amount of the lesson.